Veterans Service Organization of Islip
- Worked closely with Councilman John C. Cochrane, Jr. concerning veteran matters.
- Hosted Congressman Peter J King’s update on Homeland Security.
- Participated in the LT Michael Murphy DDG 112 commissioning ceremony.
- Served on State Senator Lee Zeldin’s committee addressing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Participated in assisting runners in the L.I. MacArthur 5K run in support of veterans.
- Hosted a Flag Retirement Ceremony in the Town of Islip.
- Helped to support the identification of veterans upon hospital admission.
- Initiated a quarterly Flag Retirement Ceremony – Long Island National Cemetery, Calverton.
- Participated in the Suffolk County Veterans Service Agency stand-down.
- Participated in the LT Florence Evans Commemorative Service.
- Began staffing the VSO assistance program in Islip Town Hall.
- Enhance the staffing of the VSO office in Islip Town Hall.
- Work with charitable organizations to continue to grow the support of veterans and their families.
- Assist the Town of Islip in securing veterans’ participation in its commemorative veterans book.
- Utilize social media to disseminate information.
- Increase participation of veterans organizations in the VSO.
- Increase participation of community organizations and interested individuals in the VSO.
- Develop a VSO website.
- Continue the 2012 programs of the VSO.